Measures taken at the corporate level
- Since the 16th of March, all employees across Europe are working from home in order to limit the spreading of the virus and keep everybody safe.
- Our infrastructure (remote access, video conference…) enables us to pursue our activity remotely, keep in touch with each other and communicate with all our stakeholders.
Active work with our portfolio companies
We are working very closely with our portfolio companies. Our objective is to protect the performance of CAPZA funds1 while being a supportive partner of our portfolio companies.
- We have built a comprehensive checklist in order to help them protect their employees and manage the situation
- We have been sharing the recommendations from the government and other public institutions, as well as information about public aids and fiscal measures for small and mid-cap companies
- We collaborate in order to support them in shoring up their liquidity position
- We are working on operational scenarios with them in order to assess and to ensure their financial sustainability
- We are helping them to build strategies to exit the crisis
Proactive communication with our investors
- We are sharing updates and detailed views on the portfolio companies every two weeks
- We have postponed our 26th March Annual General Meeting until later this year and are organising dedicated calls and webinars for each of our strategies
Solidarity initiatives led by our portfolio companies
- W Clinics has been helping the Spanish Health Authorities by providing breathing machines to hospitals and donating protection equipment to nursing homes
- Recommerce is supporting the AP-HP Foundation: for each purchase of a reconditioned mobile phone, a minimum of €1 is donated to the Covid-19 Emergency aid fund
- Goiko Grill is distributing free burgers to hospital staff with Food4Heroes
We have been in the market since 2004 and went through various cycles. We have proven our ability to adapt to changing situations, support companies and deliver performance to our investors through difficult times. We believe our investment teams have the experience, skillset and toolbox to handle this crisis. We are highly confident we have the capability to navigate well through these difficult times for everyone. At the same time, we recognise that every crisis is different and we have to remain disciplined, pragmatic and creative to find the right solutions.
1 Past performance is not a reliable indication of future returns.
for small and mid-sized corporates
24Nov’ 2022CAPZA supports the development of PCE ServicesCAPZA announces an investment in the PCE Services group, a well-known French player in the telecom and energy markets.Read more
15Nov’ 2022Launch of MAIF Dette à Impact Environnemental FundMAIF and CAPZA/ARTEMID launch a dedicated environmental impact debt fund.Read more
17Oct’ 2022Decarbonization of SMEs: the challenges of private equityThis opinion paper was co-authored by CAPZA’s Founder & Executive Chairman Christophe Karvelis-Senn and Aurore Gauffre, Head of Sustainability & Impact. It was published by the French newspaper Les Echos.Read more
5Oct’ 2022CAPZA supports iC Consult in its external growthCAPZA arranged a new Unitranche financing to support iC Consult in the acquisition of Kapstone Technologies LLC.Read more