Measures taken at the corporate level
- Since the 16th of March, all employees across Europe are working from home in order to limit the spreading of the virus and keep everybody safe.
- Our infrastructure (remote access, video conference…) enables us to pursue our activity remotely, keep in touch with each other and communicate with all our stakeholders.
Active work with our portfolio companies
We are working very closely with our portfolio companies. Our objective is to protect the performance of CAPZA funds1 while being a supportive partner of our portfolio companies.
- We have built a comprehensive checklist in order to help them protect their employees and manage the situation
- We have been sharing the recommendations from the government and other public institutions, as well as information about public aids and fiscal measures for small and mid-cap companies
- We collaborate in order to support them in shoring up their liquidity position
- We are working on operational scenarios with them in order to assess and to ensure their financial sustainability
- We are helping them to build strategies to exit the crisis
Proactive communication with our investors
- We are sharing updates and detailed views on the portfolio companies every two weeks
- We have postponed our 26th March Annual General Meeting until later this year and are organising dedicated calls and webinars for each of our strategies
Solidarity initiatives led by our portfolio companies
- W Clinics has been helping the Spanish Health Authorities by providing breathing machines to hospitals and donating protection equipment to nursing homes
- Recommerce is supporting the AP-HP Foundation: for each purchase of a reconditioned mobile phone, a minimum of €1 is donated to the Covid-19 Emergency aid fund
- Goiko Grill is distributing free burgers to hospital staff with Food4Heroes
We have been in the market since 2004 and went through various cycles. We have proven our ability to adapt to changing situations, support companies and deliver performance to our investors through difficult times. We believe our investment teams have the experience, skillset and toolbox to handle this crisis. We are highly confident we have the capability to navigate well through these difficult times for everyone. At the same time, we recognise that every crisis is different and we have to remain disciplined, pragmatic and creative to find the right solutions.
1 Past performance is not a reliable indication of future returns.
for mid-sized corporates
23Sep’ 2020CAPZA realizes the first investment of its new Flex Equity fundCAPZA realizes the first investment of CAPZA 5 Flex Equity by acquiring a majority stake in IMF, one of the leading online business schools in Spain.Read more
20Jul’ 2020CAPZA successfully raises €450mCAPZA successfully raises €450m in the first closing of the CAPZA 5 Flex Equity FundRead more
9Jul’ 2020CAPZA signs the acquisition of the Eurofeu groupCAPZA acquires a majority stake in Eurofeu group*, a leader of the French fire safety market.Read more
4Jun’ 2020CAPZA carries out its first acquisition to expand in Growth TechCAPZA announced its first external growth operation through the acquisition of Time For Growth, a pioneering investment company in the Growth Tech segment and a recognised investor in the tech ecosystem.Read more